1. Features of powder metallurgy process
Powder metallurgy has a series of characteristics technically and economically. Powder metallurgy is not only a material manufacturing technology, but also a material processing technology. For material manufacturing, powder metallurgy can produce materials with special properties that cannot be produced by ordinary casting methods: it can control the porosity of materials and products, such as: powder metallurgy porous materials, oil-containing bearings, etc.; refractory metal materials and products Mainly produced by powder metallurgy methods.
For example: tungsten, molybdenum, tantalum, and other refractory metals and their alloys. Use the combined effect of metal and non-metal to prepare combined materials, such as: friction materials for powder metallurgy friction products, powder metallurgy metal graphite brushes, etc., can produce various metal ceramic materials and composite materials, such as: the former has hard High-quality alloys, cermets, etc. The latter includes powder metallurgy dispersion strengthening materials, powder metallurgy fiber strengthening materials, etc.
2. Advantages of powder metallurgy process
(1) Most refractory metals and their compounds, pseudo alloys, and porous materials can only be manufactured by powder metallurgy.
(2) Because the powder metallurgy method can be pressed into the final size of the compact, there is no or little need for subsequent mechanical processing, which can save metal and reduce product costs. When the powder metallurgy method is used to manufacture the product, the metal loss is only 1% to 5%, and when the general melting and casting method is used, the metal loss may reach 80%.
(3) Since the powder metallurgy process does not melt the material during the material production process, it is not afraid of the impurities that may be mixed with the deoxidizer. The sintering is generally carried out in a vacuum and a reducing atmosphere, and it is not afraid of oxidation and will not cause any damage to the material. Pollution, it is inherently possible to produce high-purity materials.
(4) The powder metallurgy method can ensure the correctness and uniformity of the material composition ratio.
(5) Powder metallurgy is suitable for producing products of the same shape and in large quantities, especially gears and other products with high processing costs. The production of powder metallurgy can greatly reduce production costs.
The above is the introduction to the characteristics and advantages of the powder metallurgy process. I hope everyone has more knowledge and understanding of the powder metallurgy process. At present, powder metallurgy has a lot of The application of powder metallurgy process. For the processing and customization of powder metallurgy structural parts of various materials, look for JN Sintered Metal Co., Ltd., which specializes in the production and processing of powder metallurgy parts for decades. It can develop 300-500 new parts every year, and can manufacture about 3500 tons, with iron base 100 million powder metal parts of copper base, stainless steel and China Custom MIM products Powder Metal Parts. Covering the United States, Germany, Britain, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Denmark and Slovakia, Switzerland, Sweden, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and Taiwan throughout the year, in more than 150 countries and regions Customers provide cost-effective automobiles, household appliances, transmissions, garden machinery, food machinery, textile machinery, agricultural machinery, communication equipment, hardware tools and other accessories. Welcome new and old customers from all over the world to come to consult related business of powder metallurgy processing customization.